This summer I fell in love with a dreamy face cream with a ridiculously high price tag. I hated how much I loved it honestly! And while it felt worth it to me to use and even re-order, once my last bottle ran out I felt determined to explore some other options and see if I could make my skin happy with a less expensive line-up of products.
I’ve had a tube of Weleda Skin Food Ultra Rich Cream in my makeup bag since summertime because I like to add it to my cheekbones for an extra dewy glow (a trick I learned from Katie Jane Hughes). I’d dabbled in using it as a daytime face moisturizer, but it’s definitely THICK — even for my dry skin — and best used at night as a mask than in the morning in my opinion. I remembered someone telling me that the Weleda Skin Food Light Nourishing Cream was still really hydrating and rich, so I picked it up during a Target run and let me tell you — it’s so good!! I like a rich moisturizer, I just don’t want it to feel greasy or like it’s sitting on the surface of my skin and this definitely met my skincare needs.
For full transparency, here’s the list of all of the products I’ve been using in my new routine:
- Indie Lee CoQ-10 Toner, 10% off with Nat1021 (morning and night, and sometimes midday as a face refresher)
- Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Max Night Moisturizer (night only—majorly exceeded my expectations!)
- Glossier Super Glow Vitamin C Serum (morning only)
- Equilibria Daily Treatment Oil (most nights, on top of my retinol moisturizer once it’s fully absorbed)
- Tula Protect + Glow Daily Sunscreen Gel Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (morning only)
While part of me misses the one-and-done routine I had going on when using The Rich Cream from Augustinus Bader, I don’t mind adding in a few extra steps to get the same (maybe even better?) results and spending a little less money on my overall product lineup.
What are some of your favorite skincare products right now?