As expected, I got sick of my capsule already! I already knew that I preferred smaller, shorter capsules, so my spring capsule is history now and I created a mini capsule for the end of June before I leave for my vacation. The key to capsules is making life EASIER, and having MORE FUN with your wardrobe. So if something isn’t working, I just change it up.
Here’s what I’m rotating through before we leave town and I switch to my vacation capsule:
And here are links to the items (or similar pieces)…
- Butterscotch tie-waist jacket
- Olive military jacket (also similar, and similar for less)
- Yellow flutter sleeve top
- White tee
- Floral top (similar option)
- Striped tee (size down)
- Straight leg jeans (size down 2 sizes, also a similar option here)
- Denim shorts
- Floral mini dress (size down 2 sizes)
- Black maxi dress (mine is old from Sonnet James, this is a similar option)
- Olive wrap dress (another olive dress option)
- Stripe jumpsuit (size down)
- Gingham jumpsuit
- Woven mules
- Brown sandals
- Gold sandals (similar option)
- White sneakers
Plus some accessories—I don’t limit myself in this department, but wanted to share a few of the items I will likely be mixing in…
- Jewelry from my shop (like the Emma Hoops in Mini Squares, Chloe Necklace and Julia Earrings in Geometric Mix)
- My Yearly Co gold bangles
- Wide brimmed straw hat
- Brown belt bag
- Red circle bag
- Woven circle bag (this is similar, too)
- Tortoise sunglasses (these are similar) and black sunglasses
Here are three more summer outfit ideas from the capsule in addition to the outfit at the beginning of this post…
What’s your ideal capsule wardrobe length? 2 weeks? A month? A season?
What size did you get in the yellow flutter sleeve shirt?
I like monthly capsules! And mainly just switch out the shirts and dresses because I’m a creature of habit with my denim/shorts/shoes/accessories. I love your capsule posts and get lots of inspo from them!
How 2 Wear It  http://how2wearit.com