My parents live in La Quinta (out near Palm Springs), so we spend a decent amount of time out there and always love visiting for a weekend getaway. We’re heading there this weekend with the kids and it’s supposed to be gorgeous out—we for sure will be hitting up the pool! It’s such a beautiful place, and while I don’t normally love warm weather, the dry heat and fresh air in La Quinta is always enjoyable.
During the day it’ll be in the high 80’s and low 90’s, with lows in the 60’s at night. So it’ll pretty much be a perfect, sunny weekend! After lots of cool weather and rain in San Diego, I’m feeling ready for a bit of Vitamin D.
WHAT I’M PACKING
I always overpack when we’re driving somewhere because I know we have plenty of room. While I imagine I’ll be in my swimsuit or pajamas for the entire weekend, I did want to make sure I had some cute outfits in the event that we actually go do something other than lay by the pool or eat dinner in my parents’ kitchen. Some of the items are from my April capsule, and then I added in a couple of hot weather essentials. This is what I’m planning to put in my bag…
- Yellow dress (similar)
- Stripe midi skirt
- White v-neck tank
- White flutter-sleeve top
- Cutoff denim shorts (might bring these ones, too, so I can shoot photos for a blog post about them!)
- Black kimono (I could wear this as a light layer or a coverup)
- Patterend kimono (Same as above—works as a light layer or a coverup)
- Red bikini (Top and Bottom)
- Gold sandals (similar)
These other items are also coming with me:
- Straw hat (similar)
- Denim jacket (for a nighttime layer)
- Jewelry: my Chloe Coin Necklace, Silhouette Locket from Family Print Shop, Emma Hoop Earrings in Brass Circle, Sloan Necklace and three Yearly Co bangle stack: two Initial Bangles (with “J” and “L” on them for my kids’ initials), and a Twist Bangle.
- Athletic clothes for family bike rides
- Pajamas, toiletries, etc.
Here are a few outfit options I’ll be able to work with…
I imagine this is what I’ll really be wearing the entire time—my swimsuit! I am so, so impressed with the swimsuits from Target this season. After scoring big with these ones, I found this one below and couldn’t resist. The price point and fit are both great. Sizing-wise, I ended up in the small in both the top and bottom (I’m usually a medium for swim bottoms)—I think the sizing is more flexible on these ones since they have the tie!
As usual, I’ll be sharing over on Instagram throughout the weekend. Feel free to leave any comments or questions below about packing for sunny getaways, the best swimwear and coverups, denim shorts, etc.