5 pieces, 30 outfits. That—along with responsible and ethical fashion practices—what VETTA is all about with their capsule collections, and the minimalism of it really appeals to me! While I have way more than 5 pieces of clothing in my personal capsule wardrobe for the month, I love to fill my closet with pieces that can be mixed and matched and don’t serve a single purpose.
I think what really sets VETTA apart is their design—in order to make each piece as versatile as possible, many of their pieces can be worn forwards or backwards and can be adjusted to work a number of different ways. Recently VETTA reached out to me to ask if I’d be willing to create a little video for them featuring one of their capsules and of course my answer was, “YES!” I chose their Classic Capsule, which is made up of timeless silhouettes and colors and it felt the most “me” of their current capsules. As you can see, you really can create SO MANY outfits from just a few pieces!
These are the 5 items that are part of the capsule and my tips for sizing (use the code NATALIE10 for 10% off through May 8th):
- The Button-Up Midi Dress, $149 // Wear it with the buttons in the front or in the back, and the belt is removable. My favorite way to wear it is with the buttons in front, the belt tied and a few of the bottom buttons undone for more movement. I sized down (as I usually do for styles like this), and the XS is a perfect fit.
- The Cape Jumpsuit, $159 // Wear this as a high neck jumpsuit, as a wrap style with a v-neck cut in the front, or unbutton the top part and you’ve got a pair of high rise crop pants! I will say, these are VERY HIGH on me (I’m 5’4″), so that’s just something to note. I ended up sizing down to the 0 in this (I’m normally a 2/4).
- The Two-Piece Wrap Skort, $109 // This is my favorite piece from the capsule, and I know I’m going to be wearing it a ton! As the name suggests, it’s a two-piece set—shorts underneath, and a separate wrap skirt on top. This is so mom-friendly, and incredibly flattering, too. I was on the fence between small or XS, and decided to stick with the XS—since I have a smaller waist and larger bottom, it’s a little tough to wiggle the shorts on (really wish it had a zipper), but once they’re on, the fit is perfect. Worth the effort, haha.
- The Girlfriend Shirt, $89 // Wear the buttons in the front or back, tuck it in, or tie it at the waist for a cropped fit. I went with the small so it would have a looser fit.
- The Cropped Blouse, $79 // Wear it with the v-neck in front or in back. It’s made of a stiffer material that helps it retain structured sleeves, and the cropped fit are super flattering. Since it doesn’t stretch at all, I went with the small so the shoulders weren’t too snug.
You can see the video where I mix and match the whole capsule over on IGTV—I’m wearing these mules in every look, plus my Julia Earrings in Teardrop (coming soon in matte gold!).
Have you heard of VETTA or tried anything of theirs yet? Would you like me to share more of their stuff in the future?