6 tips for minimalist summer style:
- Embrace simplicity. Minimalist style is all about pared-down, uncomplicated looks. Choose pieces that are classic and timeless, and avoid anything too fussy.
- Opt for lightweight fabrics. In the summer, you want to stay cool and comfortable. Choose fabrics that will breathe, like linen, cotton, or silk.
- Focus on neutral tones. Neutral tones are versatile and easy to mix and match. They’ll also help you create a more minimalist look.
- Consider tonal or monochrome looks. A tonal or monochrome look is a great way to create a polished and effortless look with minimal effort. Simply choose pieces in the same color family, or even the same exact color, to create a cohesive and stylish outfit.
- Invest in a few key pieces that you can wear in multiple ways. This will help you create a versatile wardrobe that you can easily mix and match.
- Accessorize with simple jewelry and accessories. Too much jewelry or accessories can quickly overwhelm a minimalist look — accessories are important to keep the look from falling flat, but don’t go overboard.