Tomorrow is the day! We’re going back!! Last year Brian and I took our first trip to Big Sur together and agreed it was our favorite spot and we definitely would make it a regular thing. So in lieu of buying each other Christmas gifts, we booked another trip for just the two of us and we are so ready to soak it all up. Thankfully there’s no rain in the forecast, so I can skip my rain jacket this year (see last year’s packing list here). While we will only be there for 2 nights, we plan to do a mix of exploring and lounging and eating and drinking and swimming and I like to have options (without totally overdoing it).
Here’s what I’m planning to put in my bag:
- Textured sweater coat
- Black cashmere crewneck sweater
- Almond alpaca sweater
- Black square neck bodysuit
- Striped tee
- Dark skinny jeans
- Black over-the-knee-boots
- Woven mules (similar)
- Olive leggings (also similar)
- White sneakers (also similar)
- White baseball cap (similar)
- Gray lounge set (sweater & pants)
- Two swimsuits (this 7-sizes-in-1 bikini—code Natalie15 gets you 15% off—and another old favorite. This top and these bottoms are similar!)
- Slide sandals to wear to the hot tub (these are similar)
- Jewelry! Specifically my Julia Earrings in Geometric Mix, Moon Coin Necklace Set and my new 14K gold hoops that will likely be available soon in the shop!
Instead of trying to shove a huge coat into my bag or have to haul it, I’m going with a sweater jacket for my top layer—it takes up way less space and when layered with a sweater it’s warm enough for a chilly California night. I’m packing a few sweaters for the cozy factor (weather should be mid-60s to low 50s), all of which can be dressed up or down, and my over-the-knee boots to wear to dinner both nights since they’re dressy, comfortable and warm—and also really easy to walk to dinner in. Also, I’m throwing in some leggings and sneakers, my cozy lounge set and a swimsuit and sandals for walking to and from the pools.
Be sure to follow along on Instagram for more peeks at our trip (including the outfits I put together).