I get asked this question a decent amount and honestly I’ve put off answering it for a long time because it’s so hard to choose! But after spending the past few weeks creating curriculum for the Elevating Your Style Class, I’ve been thinking a lot about basics and the pieces in my wardrobe that are the real winners in my eye. I describe my style as casual, cool, comfortable, chic and a mix of masculine and feminine, and these pieces very much fit into that overall style vibe that I strive for. Here are 5 of my all-time favorite wardrobe items that make me feel like myself and get worn over and over again…
- Agolde shorts. These are especially top of mind right now because it’s summer! But honestly, these get worn at least 6 months out of the year here in San Diego and have been worth every penny. I have the Dee and the Parker styles, but if I had to have only one pair I’d choose the Dee. I just love the high rise fit so much and I wear them more than the Parker.
- Madewell straight leg jeans. Specifically, I wear an old pair of Boyjeans with a step-hem more than any other pair I own (the wash is “Lita Wash” if you want to search Poshmark), but I do have several styles of straight jeans from Madewell and they’re just the best. I like that I’ve found several pairs with a slim fit, a slight straight leg silhouette and a cropped hem that I love. These are cute and currently available, as are these.
- Pointed toe mules. I’m going to have to make it a tie between my Seychelles woven mules and my Jenni Kayne cheetah mules because I literally just could not choose. I wear them both all the time. They’re so versatile and they add texture and pattern to the most simple, neutral outfits. I love the way a pointed toe shoe elongates the leg line and adds the illusion of height to my 5’4″ frame. (You can use code Natalie20 for 20% off the Jenni Kayne mules, by the way!)
- White Madewell Courier Shirt. I’ve had this for years and it’ll be a favorite forever! I now have other shirts like this in different colors and fabrics, but the white one takes the cake for my favorite. The fabric has some structure and a white button down is always a classic.
- Black Everlane Linen Jumpsuit. The fabric, the fit, the timeless black color, the versatility—this is a winner!! A black jumpsuit can be dressed up or dressed down so easily, and I have worn this one for the most casual days and to fancy nights out. Just swap accessories and it works for almost any occasion. The linen is super breathable for summertime, too.
What are your 5 favorite wardrobe items?
Are the Dee shorts getting discontinued ? I can’t find them anywhere with sizes available 🙁
Nope! Still available: https://rstyle.me/cz-n/dz8stxpzkw