Each year after I celebrate another year in business anniversary (October 1st!), I like to take some time to reflect on the year and share hopes and goals for the coming year.
This was a funny year for me—I took several months off after Lucy was born and was convinced it would be tough to get back into things. But as soon as we got our childcare figured out, I was so excited to be back to work and it’s actually been my biggest sales year so far, even with taking the time off to be with baby Lucy. THANK YOU for that, because it’s all due to your support.
I feel like I’ve spent the last couple of years experimenting a bit, and now I am craving getting back to my roots more. I recently came across one of my old blog post recaps of my first Madewell pop-up shop and was reminded of the things that really define me as a designer—and I want 2019 to center around the things that I know you love and that I feel really good about putting out there.
My focus for 2019:
- Tassel Earrings: You clearly LOVE these—I continue to make as many as possible and they usually sell out in 10 minutes!! So, I promise to keep these going. I also may introduce a larger size for those of you craving a bolder everyday earring, or just wanting a handmade earring option for special occasions. I also will continue to explore different colors that remain true to my style.
- Hoop Earrings: These are so delicate and fun, and were another fan favorite this year. I love to make them and I think you guys love to wear them! Thanks to the 14k gold-filled wire, they are great for those of you with sensitive ears, too. I’ll probably restock some favorites through the year as well as come up with new designs—perhaps a hammered version, some different beads, etc. I also may add a 1.5″ diameter size in-between the Sydney (2″) and Emma (1″).
- Hanging Metal Earrings: The Julia Earrings are new within the last few months, and the fact that I personally wear mine almost every single day shows me I need to dig deeper into this style of earring. I have a couple of new shapes coming this year and hope to design several more for the new year!
- Tassel Necklaces: Remember my OG tassel necklaces?! Earrings are all the rage right now, but I also kind of miss my classic necklaces and will get back into those. I have so much fun finding interesting beads and making small batches of unique pieces.
- Dylan Necklaces: I love the geometric shape of these and that I can be creative with them the way I can be with the tassel necklaces. I think I’m going to bring more of these to the shop in the new year.
I also want to continue to be as helpful as possible for you guys when it comes to making purchases or figuring out how to style your NB pieces, so you can expect the IGTV videos to continue—both for styling and for showing off what things look like before they hit the shop.
Thanks again for being supportive and for making it possible for me to do the work I love to do!
Leave a comment below and give me your input—I love hearing what you have to say regarding designs and know what you’re most interested in!